Saturday, November 15, 2008

Thing 11

Technology--it's added so much to our lives, but it's also frustrating to try to keep up! It seems like you no sooner buy a piece of equipment than it is obsolete. It's very hard for the library to keep up with patron demands for the newest thing available. (I can't keep up at home!)

I was just thinking the other day how the Internet has changed reference work. We can now find information very quickly and easily for our patrons that we didn't have available just a few years ago. I appreciate the staff I work with at the library--if I'm not sure where to find information, someone else on the staff can usually point me in the right direction. I can always find someone else who has more experience searching a particular database, etc.

I think I need more hours in the day to keep up with all of the reading--email and print journals, and now RSS and blog posts.

No comments: