Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Thing #14
I can see Delicious as being useful--I could access my bookmarks from any computer. The tag rolls used on the Holdrege PL site are interesting (larger words mean more bookmarks) but I think they are also hard to read. Some of the words seemed to overlap, and the smaller words sometimes got lost. It might be an easier way for people to locate links from our library web site instead of having a long list. The tags should make it easier to group similar links and make them easier to find. I'd like to visit with library patrons who have used this to see how they feel about it. Do they find it easy to use? Would they be able to suggest different tags that would make things easier to find? (That's the problem with subject headings in the library catalog--they sometimes aren't very "user friendly"! I think people get scared off of the catalog subject searching because they know what they are trying to find but can't figure out the subject they should search for in order to find it.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment